There’s no time like Halloween to treat yourself! After seeing so many incredible snack boards I thought it was finally time I made my own (with lots of cute details, of course). I collaborated with my friends at Good Foods to make this spread, fit for a monstrous appetite, inspired by their Chunky Guacamole and plant based dips. Their guac is one of my favorite things to put on literally everything. I use it on eggs, salads and just eat it by the spoonful lol, so I couldn’t wait to create something extra spooktacular with it!
Playing off of their deliciously clean ingredients I tried to go a bit healthier, but of course I had to balance it out with some sweets because what would Halloween be without candy?! The fun thing about these boards is that you can customize them to anything you love, so please feel free to swap in your favorites. The Monsters Inc inspired guacamole and spooky spider buffalo dips can be decorated in advance, so you can throw this board together in no time (perfect for any last minute Halloween parties, or even a spooky after school snack).
There is really no rule to decorating your snack board, except to have fun with it :). I think it’s especially eye catching to group things together and balance colors across the platter. It also looks nice to add a bit of movement by laying the foods out in different directions and with a variety of textures and colors.
Ingredients: (serves as many as you’d like depending on how large you make it)
This post is sponsored by Good Foods. All images and opinions are my own.
Bone Breadsticks & Mozzarella Mummies:
1 pound store bought pizza dough
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
5 mozarella cheese sticks
2 large black olives
All purpose flour for rolling the dough
Round piping tip
Pastry brush (or clean paper towel)
Pizza or pastry wheel
Spooky Spider Buffalo Dip:
1 container Good Foods Buffalo Style Dip
Yogurt or sour cream
2 large black olives
Small zip top bag or piping bag
Sharp kitchen knife
1 container Good Foods Chunky Guacamole
1 slice mozarella cheese
1 large black olive
1/2 green bell pepper
1 sheet nori (you can use an olive instead)
1 inch oval cookie cutter or sharp kitchen knife
Small scissors (optional, for cutting nori)
*All cutting should be done by an adult.
- Let’s begin with the breadsticks – a perfect food for dipping :). Heat the over to 350°F, and remove your pizza dough from the refrigerator while the oven heats up.
- Lay parchment paper down on your workspace, and generously dust it with flour. Divide the pizza dough in half, and then divide half of the dough into 5 equal balls.
- Stretch each ball of dough out to about 6 inches (using flour as needed), and cut about 2 inches into the end of each piece to make the bones. You can use your hands to shape them before brushing with olive oil and sprinkling with the parmesan cheese. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- To make the mummies, roll the other half of dough out to about a 10 inch rectangle on your floured parchment paper. Unwrap the mozzarella sticks and lay them on your baking sheet (spread out from the bones). Use the pizza or pastry wheel to cut thin strips of the pizza dough, and wrap them all around each cheese stick completely covering it.
- Bake the bones and cheesesticks for 10-15 minutes. Some of the cheese will ooze out, but you can easily trim it off with kitchen scissors once the cheese sticks cool. Transfer both designs to a cooling rack. Use a round piping tip to punch the mummy eyes out of an olive, and place on top before serving.
- Next, let’s decorate the spooky spider dip. Transfer the Good Foods Buffalo Style Dip to the bowl of your choice.
- Place yogurt or sour cream into a small zip top bag (or piping bag) and cut a tiny corner off. Pipe the spider web design on top of the dip by first piping 4 intersecting lines, and then creating the connecting circles starting from the center and working your way out.
- Cut a black olive in half, length wise, and place one half down on top of the dip (cut side down). Cut the end off of the second olive and add it for the spider’s head. Then cut thin slices from the second olive half, and cut those again in half for the legs. Add to your dip.
- I couldn’t pass up the chance to sneak in one of my favorite monsters, so for the Chunky Guacamole we are going to use the other ingredients to create a Monsters Inc. inspired dip.
- Start by transferring the Good Foods Chunky Guacamole to the bowl of your choice. Use the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Use the cookie cutter or kitchen scissors to cut about a 1 inch oval out of the mozzarella cheese slice. Place it in the middle of your guac.
- Then cut a black olive in half, lengthwise, and place it (cut side down) in the middle of the cheese for Mike’s eye. You can use the small scissors to cut the eyebrow and mouth out of nori, or use a sharp kitchen knife to cut them out of the other half of the olive. Transfer to your bowl.
- Cut 2 triangles out of the cheese for Mike’s horns and add those. Then use a sharp kitchen knife to cut 2 circles and 2 long strips out of the bell pepper for Mike’s arms and legs. Add all of the pieces to your guac.
- Transfer both dips to your snack board and begin to surround them with your favorite fruits, veggies, the mummies and bones, and any sweets and snacks. You can use sprinkle eyes to add an easy spooky element to any of the foods. Enjoy!
Any leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator. If you try this spooky cute snack board I would love to see!